About The Artist
A. Thomas Schomberg
A. Thomas Schomberg’s sculpture career has spanned the last four decades of creativity in which Schomberg has described, with his realistic intensity, the time and environment in which he lives and the society that we are all captives of.
Schomberg grew up in America’s mid-west, in Iowa during the 1940’s and 50’s. After studying for a short time in Europe and completing both MA and MFA degrees, Schomberg moved to the east coast and taught at the college level. Though he received tenure, he felt compelled to relocate to Colorado in 1975 and established Schomberg Studios with his wife Cynthia.
His daughter Robin now manages the Rocky Statue reproduction line.
Monumental Sculptures by Schomberg
Schomberg’s sculptures have become world-renowned and are exhibited and collected internationally. His collectors represent a broad spectrum of society: corporations, entrepreneurs, museums and individuals. Amongst these is Sylvester Stallone, who 1980 went on to commission the iconic ROCKY statue for the movie, “Rocky III”.
Today, A. Thomas Schomberg’s work can be found in the permanent collections of:
- the Detroit Athletic Club, Detroit, Michigan
- the National Art Museum of Sport, Indianapolis, Indiana
- the Philadelphia Museum of Art, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- the Shenyang National Gallery, Beijing, China
- the United States Olympic Training Center, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- the International Volleyball Headquarters, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Yankee Stadium, New York, New York;
- the Astrodome, Houston, Texas;
- the Superdome, New Orleans, Louisiana
- the Felix Stamm Stadium, Warsaw, Poland
- the private collection of Mr. Sylvester Stallone
And additional collections worldwide
For more information see www.schombergstudios.com